Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Unleash the Momma Beast

After going to see the wonderful Robert Garren play soccer tonight The Metcalfs headed on over to our beloved 
Chick-fil-A. 
Don't roll your eyes. It's family night. That means free food!
 We went to the one in Hville bc it was closer to where we were. 
Well, much to the girls dismay they didn't have a cow or balloon fairy like the one on Hville Road. 
It was close to bed time, but we gave in and let them play on the play ground. 
The place was packed and there were two eight year old boys who could have passed for sumo wrestlers dominating the play ground. 
These two clowns were tripping each other, screaming in each other's faces, and shoving...the works.
As Brent and I sat there and observed the obnoxious behavior Brent said, "I'm getting ready to talk to these guys if it continues".
It continued.
I was stewing on the inside.
After one of them let a big yell to the little girls climbing up the stairs...
It came out.
"HEY.
GUYS.
I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU TALK AT HOME, BUT AT MY HOUSE WE DON'T SPEAK LIKE THAT. AND YOU MOST DEFINITELY WILL NOT SPEAK THAT WAY IN FRONT OF MY CHILDREN. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"
The momma bear was unleashed.
Realizing that my hand was all up in attitude, I put it down and turned to Brent.
His mouth was wide open.
Not nearly as wide as the two has-been-bullies.
Where it came from I have no idea.
I am usually very laid back when other kids are misbehaving around us, and take on the whole "kids will be kids" attitude, bc it most certainly could be my kids acting crazy one day.
But something inside me just said, "ENOUGH!" with these two jokers.
Those tough guys were so terrified that they were in the corner devising a plan to come over and get their shoes with out unleashing the beast again.
I am pretty sure I have never heard Brent horse laugh the way he did walking back to the car.
"I was just gonna politely ask them to hold it down a bit", he said.
Promising myself I would never be one of those griping over protective moms just didn't do the trick I guess.


No comments: