Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Metcalf Catch Up
Let me catch you up on the Metcalf's.....
 
*Last Friday we went to the RiverBanks zoo in Columbia. Genius of us to go on Good Friday...WITH THE REST OF SOUTH CAROLINA. Elephants were brown not gray? Flamingos smell putrid. The Bengal Tiger was MIA. The Sea Lions, Meerkats, and Gorillas made me smile bc they made my kiddo smile.
*Saturday was a fun day of driving around Columbia, eating at RUSH's (it's a must), and going to my college room mate's Wedding. It was a beautiful day. Christa's wedding was on a gorgeous farm right on a little pond. She looked the most beautiful that I have ever seen her. Guess you are supposed to look your best on the big day:). Many of my old college friends were there. Some things never change, we were the group in the corner of the dance floor being complete idiots. We danced to groups ranging from the Pussy Cat Dolls to Hank Williams Jr. Congrats to Christa and Matt!
*Brent left the wedding early and is currently leading a family mission trip to New Orleans. Seriously, how sweet was it that he came to see the girls at the zoo, and went to Christa's wedding with me? He had to drive to NC after the wedding and leave at 6 am the next morning to drive the group to New Orleans! Sweet Boy!
*Easter Sunday was spent traveling home. Sadly, my girls missed out on dressing up in their Easter dresses and going to church, dying and hunting eggs, but by granny we ate at Cracker Barrel, and read the Easter Story (we will read it through out the year, not just on one day:).
*Due to the fact that I am a chicken and hate spending the week in my house alone(every one and their brother knows where I live and when we are alone), the girls and I have been spending the week w/ my parents. I am getting my fill of home cooked meals, FOX news, Redneck slang, and "saving the scraps for the dogs". Marley Ruth has an ear infection and Farrah Blake has a cold. Thank goodness I have two extra set of hands helping this week:). Btw, my mom is teaching me how to sew on my new sewing machine I received for Christmas. So far, I have come to the conclusion that I should just stick to painting.
*One last thing....we actually saw the sun today!

No comments: