Monday, August 3, 2009

"We all Know About Pastor's Kids"....
Lindsey and Lauren
Carmen
Farrah
Jordan
Jackson, Marley, and Walker
MY RANT FOR THE DAY
"We all know about Pastor's kids"......
I'm not sure if people have seen the movie Footloose one too many times or what, but there is such a stigma with Pastor's kids (especially girls). Seriously, like three people this week have made comments to me about Pastor's children and what I'm "in for". We have been working with students for around nine years now. I have seen students who have been raised by amazing parents turn completely away from God. There have also been students who's parents could care less about what they do, and the student loves God. Then, there have been students who have AMAZING parents and turn out to be AMAZING. I  have heard hundreds of heartbreaking stories and I've got to tell you, out of all of the students that have turned their backs on God.....NOT ONE OF THEM WAS A PASTOR'S KID. Now, let me make this clear. Pastor's children can most definitely screw up, and they will at some point. I just hope that if Marley or Farrah ever struggle or turn away from God my fellow believers don't sit with their arms crossed and say, "I told you they would screw up". Instead I pray that God provides Godly mentors for my girls who will pray for them and encourage them when they fail. Also, that they have people in their church (besides their parents) that will love them unconditionally, and pray for us as parents. The great thing is that we have a wonderful church family, and I know many love my children. 
Here's what the Bible says:
Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"
John 8:7 "When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is 
without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."
Please pray for and uplift the eight pastor's kids (just counting the one's under 21:) at Brevard Community Church. Pray that they will be the one's that create culture instead of go along with it. Pray that the little ones come to know Christ and His full love for them and never turn away. Pray they have Godly mentors placed in their lives and that their parents will have wisdom on how to handle the ups and downs of life. Actually, let's pray this for all of our students!:)
Footnote: I know four Pastor's kids that have turned out REMARKABLE (see above pics). Let's pray for the youngest four and for baby Snipes on the way!

1 comment:

Savymama&Justdaddy said...

I LOVE, let me say it again L-O-V-E pastor's kids!! It's probably because at many times thoughout my life some of my BFF's have been PK's. I think that it is sad how much scrutiny they are usually under :-( and agree wholeheartedly that instead we should be praying for them! I also agree that we are blessed with an amazing church family, and youth group (maybe it's the leaders ;-) Kudos Amanda - you are one of my Blogging inspirations!