Monday, May 4, 2009

Mom makes a splash selling ‘Tummy Tubs’

For some reason this is making me giggle. Um... isn't this a bucket?

She discovered Dutch baby-bathing device that holds them in fetal position

Image: tummy tubs
United Photos via Reuters file
The Tummy Tub, an infant’s bath that looks like a see-through cross between a bucket and a flowerpot, is used to simulate a womblike environment for infants.
Slideshow
Bath time! Tummy Tubs recreate womb The Dutch baby-bathing buckets now offer warmth, comfort and safety for U.S. infants.
Video
  Rub-a-dub-dub, babies in tubs May 1: Janis McKellar, owner of Bathed With Love, shows TODAY hosts the Tummy Tub – a product for babies that has been very popular overseas and is now available in the U.S.

Today show

Slideshow

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Today I find this humorous, but a few months ago when Ella was screaming her head off for every bath, I might have tried it... I was going crazy every time it was time for a bath. I hated it more than she did! It is painful to listen to a newborn scream and turn purple... I wonder if these work? Luckily Ella loves her bath now. I would never have believed it months ago!

robin said...

that's so funny!

Amanda, seriously, we don't live that far apart. We really should see each other. Do you ever come into Asheville anymore? i think the last time i saw you was that freak random time at Charlotte Russe! I wanna see your babies! And you can see how fat my butt has gotten! It's awesome!

BCSM said...

Megan-I can't believe she hated baths! Ella is so laid back! I agree though, when a baby screams try EVERYTHING, just don't pay a ton of money...grab a bucket;). It needs to stop raining so we can walk!

Robin-see FB:)