Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Oldest
Marley Ruth could not be anymore like me. She's loud, sings random made up songs to the top of her lungs, people energize her, she has no problem talking, and anything that sparkles catches her eye.
She drives me completely up the wall. I drive my self up the wall. There are times where she just wears me out. I wear myself out.
On the flip side, I see so much potential in her. Unlike me, she is sharp. She is emotional and passionate about people.
Marley pays attention;).
I have learned so much from her.
My prayer is that I won't stifle her little personality, but encourage and find ways to spend special time with her. This means I have to learn to accept how God has made me.
God loves me at my worst. I want to love the things about Marley that drive me completely insane. The things that drive me crazy aren't "bad". In fact, when she is getting on my nerves it's usually because my heart isn't focused on Christ and in a constant state of thanksgiving. Tonight reminded me that even though she is three, her heart is developing. I have the amazing privilege to pray for her and parent her. God has given her to us for this short time.
Our friend Lauren is going to Asia for several months, and taking off a semester at UNC. Marley asked me tonight, "Why is Lauren going away?" I told her it was to share the wonderful news of Christ with those who haven't heard. She replied, "I want to do that when I'm bigger".
That is my prayer.
May Christ be her love and that she knows He made us in His image.
She belongs to Him and she is simply beautiful.
Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness. Come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Psalm 100

No comments: